Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have registered with ParTime Student, you will receive a confirmation email with a link. Simply click on the link so that you can start applying and get your ideal job.
No, not at all! The site is here to make finding a job as easy as possible for you. We don't charge job hunters anything to use the site.
No, anyone can use the site. We started the site to initially help students earn money whilst they are studying, but the site has grown a lot since then and we are now for everyone.
This is often because when you first registered, you registered with Facebook. This means, that all you need to do is click the "Log in with Facebook" button. If, however, you registered a new ParTime Student account, make sure you are entering the email address that you signed up with. If you've forgotten your password, you can request a new password on the login page.
Still no luck? Just send us an email to email@example.com and one of our support team will be happy to help.
The best way to start is to type your town or postcode into the search bar at the top of the page. From there you will be able to see all the vacancies around you. You can use the filters on that page to refine your search and help you find the perfect jobs to apply for.
If you find a job on the site that you would like to apply for, simply click the "Apply Now" button to start your application. There might be a couple of details you need to fill in before you can apply, but just follow the instructions on that page and submit your application. Good luck!
Simple. Make sure you are logged in and then go to your My Account page and click the option to edit.
There are 2 really simple ways. The first option is to go to your My Account page and select the option to "Update your CV and cover note". You can do that at any time to make sure you always have the latest version of your CV ready to go, incase you find a job you want to apply for. Alternatively, you will have the option of uploading your CV (or a newer version of your CV) when applying for a job.
You can upload a Word Document (.doc, .docx) or a PDF.
Your CV is a hugely important part of applying to any role. A good CV can get you noticed, whilst a bad CV could mean your application doesn't get a second look.
Whilst we don't have a dedicated section on CV advice, we can give you some tips. The best thing to do is read online about CV layouts and also be sure to ask your school or university careers staff.
Our top tips are:
- Emphasize your strengths and skills, this is your opportunity to impress
- Tailor your personal statement to each job you are applying for. Keep it short and to the point (3 or 4 lines). This is your opportunity to really grab their attention and make them want to find out more about what makes you a great candidate.
- Make sure to include jobs and experience relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Ensure to demonstrate how you will use your strengths and skills to excel within the role you are applying for.
- Keep your CV short and easy for your prospective employer to read over, ideally no more than two A4 pages.
- Ensure that there are no spelling and punctuation errors. Try get someone to proof read your CV before sending it off.
- Be specific on the skills you have to offer.
- Ensure to include what personal qualities you can bring that will make you an asset to the employer.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to introduce yourself and explain why you are applying for the role. Make sure you use this to show the prospective employer that you have researched the company and understand what the role entails. Showcase how your skillset matches the specifications laid out within the job description (and if applicable, requirements), and ensure that you keep your cover letter clear and concise.
We want to know if you spot anything, so get in touch. If you'd like to report a job as inappropriate, you can do so by contacting our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to provide contact details, so our customer support team can respond to your enquiry as quickly as possible.
Of course! Just get in touch with our support team and they'll help you get to the bottom of it! Just send them an email at email@example.com.
We're proud of our easy to use employer system. Simply visit the employer section of our site and set up a new account. Once you have an account you can easily start adding new listings and paying for the post directly and securely through the website.
You need to be a registered UK company to be able to post jobs. We do check employer accounts to ensure that we only list legitimate employers.
We have kept it nice and simple on this one. Each job listing you add is visible on the site for 30 days. You have the option to extend this by another 30 days if necessary, or you can choose to remove it early if the vacancy is already filled.
Once you have an employer account, adding a new job listing is nice and simple. Just log into your account and follow these steps:
- If you haven't already got one set up, add a "Location" where the job is for. This is typically a store or an office.
- Click the "Add Job" button to start the process.
- Fill in the job details, choosing the "Location" for the listing.
- If you want to maximise exposure and applications, make sure you choose the option to make the listing a "Featured Job".
- Once you have completed all the details you can continue adding more job listings if you like. Once all the listings are set up, you can checkout and pay for the job listings.
- Voila! Your jobs will now be added to the listings database straight away.
We accept all major credit and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
We take our users' security very seriously. All payments / transactions are handled through our secure payment gateway Stripe. As well as being encrypted, it's always good to know that this is fully PCI-compliant to ensure your details are safe.
Absolutely! We are lucky enough to have done the same for employers such as Pizza Hut and Primark. You will get your own account manager who will help you get set up and manage your roles. It's all part of the service. Just get in touch with our employers team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our dedicated employers team are here just for that. Just send an email with the details to email@example.com and we'll get back to you promptly.